Tightest schooling fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graucow

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the names of some of the tighter schooling fish. I know rummy nose actually stay in a tight group but I'm not sure of any other fish that act the same.

Red Eye Tetras / Buenos Aires Tetras / Columbian Tetras / Diamond Tetras. In most cases a dominate male will claim an area, while the rest of the school hang together in another area.

Red Eye Tetras / Buenos Aires Tetras / Columbian Tetras / Diamond Tetras. In most cases a dominate male will claim an area, while the rest of the school hang together in another area.
I was thinking of something smaller than that, something of neon size or smaller.

Yes, all the Tetras I listed are on the large size. Those are the types I keep with mid-sized
CA cichlids. I've also kept Rummy Noses, they are awesome little tetras, and long lived.
I'd take Rummy Nose any day over Neons or Cardinals.
IMO, Neons & Cardinals are too common and fragile. It takes at least a dozen of them together to even notice them in a tank. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom