TIME FOR MORE FISH!!!!! YEAH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

couplescaddy

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey guys! im happy to say that i found a product out there called "cycle" that cycled my tank in 12 hours!!! after about 10 days of insane ammonia levels they are finally to normal and nitrites are good and all is awsome. but i think its time for more fishies!!! i have 2 platys and a molly and like 15 molly babies. i want another small to medium sized fish to add to my stock that looks cool. what would you guys suggest. when teh molly babies get bigger im gonna move them into my 20 gallon tank which i will set up when its time. i was concidering a school of like 6-7 neon tetras but i want everybody's opinions first. thanks guys. oh, its a 6 gallon eclipse system to let you guys know!

hmmmmm its already full........
Also cycle does not "cycle" your tank in 12 hours, it does supply some benifical bacteria but it is more of a suppliment. If you want more fish get a bigger tank :)

I'd also say that you need to get your 20 gallon set up before you get any more fish.

As for my opinion on neons, they're wonderful looking fish, but when buying fish after you already have them (if you get them) be very careful that the new fish do not have ich because most ich treatments are bad for tetras.

Snails will definitely keep your tank clean, but if you don't vigilantly take care of the eggs they multiply very quickly.

the ammonia is at 0 mg/l nitrites are at .1 ppm and the nitrates were at 120 ppm but i did a water change and now theyre at like 40. but my tank was already 2 weeks into the cycle when i added "cycle" so yes. it did finish the cycle in 12 hours.

the ammonia is at 0 mg/l nitrites are at .1 ppm and the nitrates were at 120 ppm but i did a water change and now theyre at like 40. but my tank was already 2 weeks into the cycle when i added "cycle" so yes. it did finish the cycle in 12 hours.

Right, as medge00 said, you are not cycled until nitrite is dead zero. I would not add any more fish until that happens.

Never kept crabs, but William does, among others on the board.

Lots of folks keep them and provide a structure for them to get out of the water - but the other thing about it is that they are marvelous escape artists, so you have to be sure the hood is secure.

whatever, close enough. one more day and itll be done. also, i got a sweet looking little tetra lookin fish, but i dont know what its called. ill find out and post it.

120ppm nitrates? i call BS on that, or the test kit is bad/false reading. it takes a long time to build up to 120ppm nitrates. try testing the cycle itself and see what you get for readings. cycle does NOT fully cycle a tank in 12 hours. i can do a great job of getting people to spend money and causing false readings however.

alright guys, i need some desperate help. despite all your guyses help, i got the ammonia down to 0 and the nitrites down to zero. so i went out and bought a fiddler crab and a placo. now the ammonia is at .6ppm, nitrate is at 20 ppm, nitrite is at 0 alkalinity is 120 and PH is at about 7.4, the ammonia is insane, but it was at 0 and the nitrites went to 0, which meant that the tank was done cycling. but now the ammonia is high??? what should i do? but the fish dont look distressed, they seem happy. thanks everybody.

oh, sorry, i forgot to list all my fish. a molly, 2 plattys, a placo, a tetra, and a fiddler crab i got rid of the babies if anybodys been looking at my other posts.

I'd say the pleco is the problem, they produce alot of waste, and if it is a common pleco it is probably too big for a little 6 gallon tank that is probably already full. I would return the pelco and try to get your money back. If you end up with an algea problem plants and/or more frequent water changes/less light would be my recommendation.

Cleaning your gravel shouldn't be a problem, alot of your bacteria develops in your filter as well.

Back
Top Bottom