Timers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchased some timers for my tanks..... Before I got the timers I would turn on my tank lights at 8-9 and turn them off about 9-10 ish..... But it was very consistent since I'm a student and I have a pretty steady sleep routine lol.... Is this a good time to set my timers as well?

Their light cycle will work with whatever light cycle you want. With my planted tanks I kept them on a 6 hour on / off cycle and it seemed to work well for me but I eventually had issues with algae growth.

If there isn't any real issue with algae it will be fine but turn it down to 8 hours or so if you start to have issues.

Their light cycle will work with whatever light cycle you want. With my planted tanks I kept them on a 6 hour on / off cycle and it seemed to work well for me but I eventually had issues with algae growth.

If there isn't any real issue with algae it will be fine but turn it down to 8 hours or so if you start to have issues.

Thanks, I don't have any algae growth (I have fairly little anyways, just a little bitty but thank goodness)--- *knocks on wood a million times*** lol in my glow fish tank though..... That's a different story, I've noticed in the last month that there has been algae on the bubble wand and plants, but I read that it's the blue led..... That causes excess algae growth.... :/ boo. Lol

Thanks, I don't have any algae growth (I have fairly little anyways, just a little bitty but thank goodness)--- *knocks on wood a million times*** lol in my glow fish tank though..... That's a different story, I've noticed in the last month that there has been algae on the bubble wand and plants, but I read that it's the blue led..... That causes excess algae growth.... :/ boo. Lol

It's funny, freshwater people say blue lights cause algae growth while saltwater people say yellow lights cause algae growth. I think they are both right in that algae just grows where there is light :)

Back
Top Bottom