Timing of final water change before getting puffers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drm315

Aquarium Advice Activist
Timing of final water change before getting puffers?

We will be picking up our dwarf puffers on Saturday morning and hopefully I will have them drip acclimated and in my tank sometime early Saturday afternoon. I have been cycling the tank they are going in for about two months now. It's been fully cycled for about a month now and I've had to keep feeding it about 1 ppm of ammonia every day until I found someone who would order the dwarf puffers for me.

Anyway....The water parameters this morning are ph: 6.8, ammonia: 0, nitrite: 0, nitrate 80 or above (this is also a heavily planted tank). It has been converting the 1 ppm of ammonia in under 24 hours for a while now.

My question is this: If I plan on having the puffers in this tank by Saturday afternoon, would it be okay to do my final, big water chage tomorrow afternoon (Friday)? I have ammonia in my tap water (I use Prime with water changes) which would feed the bacteria until I get the puffers in there on Saturday, correct?

Back
Top Bottom