Tin foil barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grish

Aquarium Advice Activist
So my friend found I was in the process of setting up a new tank and wanted to know if I was interested in a fish that he had... I went over an looked at it and he had a 12 inch tinfoil barb and 3 juvenile tinfoils in a 10 gallon aquarium. I took them from him and they are now in my 125 with my SA cichlids. Now my tank is over stocked. With the exception of the large tinfoil all the others are juveniles. I am planning in the next 18-24 months of building a green house and putting a 300 gallon aquarium in there. I just hope these guys can wait that long.

So my friend found I was in the process of setting up a new tank and wanted to know if I was interested in a fish that he had... I went over an looked at it and he had a 12 inch tinfoil barb and 3 juvenile tinfoils in a 10 gallon aquarium. I took them from him and they are now in my 125 with my SA cichlids. Now my tank is over stocked. With the exception of the large tinfoil all the others are juveniles. I am planning in the next 18-24 months of building a green house and putting a 300 gallon aquarium in there. I just hope these guys can wait that long.

Tinfoils grow very very fast

The 2 small ones you have will be the same size as the 12" one within 4-6 months

I am not joking I have grown many many tinfoils to put in my main tank

I get them at 2" and within 2 months they have out grown my 50 gal and I move the to my mates 250 gal and within another 3-4 months they are ready for my 1000 gal

They are a great cleaner fish and one of the only fish I know to eat other fish poo

3 isn't enough they will fight all the time you need 4-6 min

I had a shoal of 10 all about 14" in my main tank and the look great

You can get about 4-5 different types from gold to normal to Redfin

The ones I have are the best looking in my eyes they are more metallic and deep red tail

image-2057215443.jpg

image-2991647116.jpg

Well I had them for less than 24 hours and the big one did not survive... I am thinking it was stressed out too much from being in such a tiny tank. I am trying to decide what to do with the other small ones.

Back
Top Bottom