tiny white organisms on glass?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

360º

Aquarium Advice FINatic
it looks like theres little white worms or bugs or something on my glass from the inside.

at first i thought it was just a random particle floating in the water and then i noticed it was moving up and down the glass

any ideas?

Nope, your puffers may even eat some. They're just kind of nasty to look at. So yeah, feed less, vacuum more when you do wc's and they'll be gone soon.

More than likely planaria or nematodes.

Some questions, are they...
Little white squiggly worms aprox 1/16"-1/8", that are freefloating and on the glass?
Or are they on your fish?

Free floating? More than like they are Planaria or Nematodes that are caused by excessive nutrients/lack of maintenance, aka a dirty tank.
The best course of action is to;
1) Very thoroughly and deeply vacuum your substrate, do this daily for about a week.

2) Rinse your filter media and media chamber in a bucket of tankwater.

3) Raise your temp (slowly) to 86'-90'f.

4) Don't feed for aprox five days (will not hurt your fish) and then cut back on regular feedings (smaller portions and less frequency).

5) Add a dose of salt to the water, standard aquarium dosage (1tblspn per 5gal) is fine but you may dose higher (up to 1.001 SG(specific gravity).

On the fish? Clinging or hanging off/out of its body/anus?
Then you could be dealing with parasitic nematodes or any of a host of other parasites. Drastic measures such as a anti-parasitic medication may be needed.

Lets see how you answer and then go from there.

HTH

its just in the water and on the glass.... but they are really really tiny.

probably 1/2 mm long

You don't even have to go thru everything Chile listed. More frequent water changes and cut back a bit on your feeding and they'll disappear in no time.

Back
Top Bottom