Tips on breeding bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettacrazy

Aquarium Advice Activist
If anyone has any tips on breeding bettas I would love to hear them. I've been wanting to breed my bettas for a while and am trying to learn as much as possible. These are some of the questions I have.

1.what do you feed the fry?
2. What should I do with the hundreds of fry afterwards?
3.what fin type should I try to breed first?

Number 2 is really important and I don't want to have a bunch of homeless bettas!

well u could have a full betta tank, if u keep the fry from one batch together the males wont kill each others they will be fights for dominance but it will only work till some try to breed on their own, u could sell them to ur lfs

i fed mine egg yok (or how ever it spells) also i just crushed with my fingers some flake mixed with garlic extract

If anyone has any tips on breeding bettas I would love to hear them. I've been wanting to breed my bettas for a while and am trying to learn as much as possible. These are some of the questions I have.

Number 2 is really important and I don't want to have a bunch of homeless bettas!

I'll take all the bettas once they reach a half inch. As many as you can breed.

1. Infusoria, baby brine shrimp, micro worms.
2. The females can most likely remain together in a tank. The males will need seperated out into suitable invididual quarters. If you mean how will you get rid of them, you'll want to have that planned out before beginning any breeding. You can purchase shipping supplies and offer them for sale here on the forum and/or on aquabid.
3. That's really up to you. They are all so beautiful, it's hard to choose.

Back
Top Bottom