Tips on german blue rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ma2oo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey fellow fishkeepers. I just bought a German Blue Ram last Friday and I want some tips on how to feed them and take care of them in general. I have him in a 25 gallon aqueon premium tank.

Hey fellow fishkeepers. I just bought a German Blue Ram last Friday and I want some tips on how to feed them and take care of them in general. I have him in a 25 gallon aqueon premium tank.

Rams like to explore the tank so I would try to make it dense in regards to fake plants and decor. your nitrates should remain between 10-20 and anything higher your playing with fire. I'm assuming your tank is cycled so obviously ammonia and nitrite should be zero. Rams also feel more comfortable with dither fish like neons or other tetras who are always out and about. This makes rams feel safer and will keep them out of consistent hiding. Temperature should stay above 78 Fahrenheit and I would recommend keeping them at 80 or higher (85 is the cutoff). Feeding wise, I recommend hikari gold cichlid and bloodworms. Would you mind posting a pic of your new friend :)

I have him with ten penguin tetras, 4 cories, 1 oto, and, 1 pleco. He is awesome!
image-598426724.jpg

I have him with ten penguin tetras, 4 cories, 1 oto, and, 1 pleco. He is awesome!

Looks awesome, he has great color. Keep the parms up and water changes regular. Have a good staple diet, and more plants, the better. All the info above from the the other poster is also correct.

Thanks! I was just noticing that he had a white speck on the tip of his top fin. I want to make sure this is not ich.

Thanks! I was just noticing that he had a white speck on the tip of his top fin. I want to make sure this is not ich.

Ich looks like salt sprinkled all over the fish, he looks healthy, could be coloration. I have serval black neons with white in the sides, but there prefectly healthy just colored different. Haha might be a fungus, I would just keep an eye on him for now

Oh okay sounds good. (Kinda off topic) Is the Bay Area water okay for fish? I add seachem prime to my tanks too.

Oh okay sounds good. (Kinda off topic) Is the Bay Area water okay for fish? I add seachem prime to my tanks too.

Hmm, I really don't know. I live in the back woods an we have pretty good water. Google your city and water test an see what you can find. As long as you decloriante, you should be fine.

Nice ram but I saw bamboo in the picture. Are the leaves above the water

Guys im pretty positive several white dots are starting to form on him. His front fins now have specks. What should I do?

image-2053421274.jpg

Yeah I removed it already. Need help on the ram tho. Must've bought him sick or something...

I am raising the temp and put in easy life aquarium fluid media. It is good for the overall wellbeing of the fish and tank environment. Dont want to lose this guy. :(

O have cories, otos, and plecos in my tank tho. I thought salt was bad for them.

I dont have room for my ten gallon on my dresser and it is totally taken apart now. Can I just treat my whole 25 gal?

Back
Top Bottom