to be planaria or not to be?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miran3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
I understand that planaria is kinda common and everything, but what i noticed in the substrate of my tank (gravel) are these small fat little things, nothing like i have seen before. At first i questioned, snails? but these creepy crawlers are in between the cracks and on the bottom on the tank, beneath the substrate. I would describe them as white, slug looking things....should i worry? We do weekly gravel cleaning and water changes, i dont think we over feed and all of the fish are happy and healthy. What should i do?

ps, i tried to take a photo, but couldnt manage to focus in time before he slugged away :p i did manage to get a video but out of the 54 seconds only about 4 show this little creature and it kinda hurts your eyes to watch it :confused:

I understand that planaria is kinda common and everything, but what i noticed in the substrate of my tank (gravel) are these small fat little things, nothing like i have seen before. At first i questioned, snails? but these creepy crawlers are in between the cracks and on the bottom on the tank, beneath the substrate. I would describe them as white, slug looking things....should i worry? We do weekly gravel cleaning and water changes, i dont think we over feed and all of the fish are happy and healthy. What should i do?

ps, i tried to take a photo, but couldnt manage to focus in time before he slugged away :p i did manage to get a video but out of the 54 seconds only about 4 show this little creature and it kinda hurts your eyes to watch it :confused:
If it truly is Planaria, start to do several water changes frequently, and feed a bit less than how much you are feeding your fish now.

I was aware of the way to control, and get rid of them. my question is what the other creatures are...adult ones?

I like planaria, they are so cool to see with a magnifying glass, like cartoon characters with that funny cross eyed look.. I use to have quite a few but haven't seen one in a long time. I think the leeches, fish, and dragonfly nymph have been eating the poor little guys. I wouldn't be surprise if my ghost shrimp hasn't snacked on them some too.

Back
Top Bottom