To many bottom swimmers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Posivated

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was thinking of getting 3 cory cats in my 20g long, but wasn't sure if there would be enough room for them on the bottom. I have a yoyo loach, chinese algae eater, and my bolivian ram hangs out on the bottom a lot as well. Will there be to much happening down there for them or will it be okay? I also have 5 black skirt tetras but they are all over.

You could possibly get away with it, but I would watch them all very closely.

David

That would be perfectly fine I think.. 3 is the minimum I would get for cories too.

Loaches should be in a group too.

But your cories will do just fine as long as your tetras haven't nipped alot of your other fishes fins.

Well so far all my fish seem to be the best of friends, the ram schools around with the tetras and when hes tired of that he hangs out with the loach.

the chinese algae eater will eventually be too big (11") for that size tank, not to mention they can get aggressive as they age. I would plan to re-home it eventually.

The yoyo loach should really be kept in a group, minimum of 4. Again they are probably eventually going to be too big for that tank (5-6"). I would consider re-homing it or avoid the cory's and add 3 more loach

if you moved the CAE and the loach you could do a large group of 6-8 cory's (which is how they should be kept)

the chinese algae eater will eventually be too big (11") for that size tank, not to mention they can get aggressive as they age. I would plan to re-home it eventually.

The yoyo loach should really be kept in a group, minimum of 4. Again they are probably eventually going to be too big for that tank (5-6"). I would consider re-homing it or avoid the cory's and add 3 more loach

if you moved the CAE and the loach you could do a large group of 6-8 cory's (which is how they should be kept)

Yea I plan on rehoming the algae eater if he gets to big. I'm hoping the loach doesn't get that big, when I was doing research prior to getting him everyone I talked to said the yoyo by himself is fine. (hope that is true)

Back
Top Bottom