To our noisey little fish friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DepotFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just writing in appreciation to my little bottomfeeders. My roommate woke up last night with a start because Depot was rearranging the marbles in her tank. She does this often and gets so involved in flinging marbles all over the tank floor I can imagine her cracking the glass. The bettas do this too but not near loud enough to wake somebody up from a deep sleep. I can't seem to believe that there was once a time when I thought fish were silent creatures. Never a dull moment I guess.

what kind of bottom feeder is it thats making so much noise? I have cories, clown loaches, and a rainbow shark, but none are noisy.

EDIT: I just checked your profile and it says you have a goldfish in a 5 gallon tank?

My goldfish is the one that loves playing with marbles. The bettas do sometimes too. Yes, she is getting a bigger tank this weekend. She was only three inches when put in the pond for summer but she's had time to grow and now gets a bigger tank. I keep her in the koi pond at my mother's house for the summer and then in a tank in my dorm over the winter. I've got to quit calling her "little".

I think a 20 gallon. I'm looking for a longer tank rather than tall so she has lots of growing and swimming space.

I think you are going to need at least a 30 gallon for the one goldie alone... They get rather large.

My severum loves to pick up gravel in his mouth and spit it at the glass. He also makes a loud slurp sound when he snaps up crickets.

i used to have a cichlid, forgot what kind it was, but he would put gravel in his mouth and spit them out somewhere else and would leave several spots around the aquarium where you could see the glass at the bottom, too bad he died :(

Back
Top Bottom