To Salt Or Not To Salt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, there was a time when forums didn't exist! Any advice I offer now, didn't come from the internet. :)

The problem with books ... Nothing makes it into a book until it's been proven for quite awhile.

The problem with the internet ... Everything makes it onto somewhere that seems authoritative before it's been proven at all.

Many, many aquarium books are written by advanced hobbiests who have been there, done that. If you can't wait for a book to be written and you don't trust the internet, you're gonna need a hell of a lot of tanks, time and money for trial.and error!

Anyone can write a book, too, so it doesn't really qualify them in any special way. Just research, use books, talk to people, read forums, read biology papers, weed out the claims that don't withstand scrutiny.

Well, there was a time when forums didn't exist! Any advice I offer now, didn't come from the internet. :)

But that's why people come here too. To seek advice from the experienced. Just because you struggled doesn't mean I have too :p

That's what I say to my guitar teacher when I can spy someone playing on YouTube as opposed to reading the music! Haha

As it happens i do a lot of research then I ask on here. I do all of it. I've got books on plants, cichlids, tropical fish I have to admit though there were all published in the 80s

Back
Top Bottom