To the auction Robin!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
lol.. this sunday i'm suppossed to be going to a fish auction.. i had no idea people do that.. thats going to be cool. it's located on the southside of chicago if anyone was wondering, it's being sponsered by Green Water Aquarist Society Of Chicagoland.

Fish acutions are fun! You'll have a blast...and remember....don't buy more fish than you can fit into your tanks :lol:

lmw80 said:
Fish acutions are fun! You'll have a blast...and remember....don't buy more fish than you can fit into your tanks :lol:

I love fish auctions. I recently picked up 9 bristlenose plecos (5 regular and 4 albino) for $8.00. I also picked up 6 fancy guppies for $5.00. The good thing about the auctions is that the fish are most likely very healthy. The Club I belong to is populated by breeder's of various fish and there is always something available to strike your fancy.

Good luck.

Bring along a cooler or insulated cooler-bag to carry your purchases home in...bring a notepad and pen to list lots you are interested in....and bring cash...most auctions do not accept cheques.

Ok. Slight tangent. What's the difference between a swap and an auction? I've seen both advertised for some of the local aquatic societies, but haven't had a chance to attend either yet.

Thanks JC! I figured it was something along those lines, but wasn't sure.

alright.. im back had a very buisy weekend.. the auction was great!!! there was more people than i expected because they advertised it on the Chicago Tribune so there was more exposure.. that equals more people and higher prices.. :| i picked up 1 adult koi angel about 4-5 inches top to bottom on his body and even bigger if you measure his very long fins for only $ 4.00 !! that was a great buy i also picked up 2 small about silver dollar size mated pair of Angles that was a little more expensive but still a good price at $ 7.00. 1 AquaClear 300 for $11.00 & 50 lbs of gravel substrate for $2.00.. and i was just there too "look" :D i had to run home and set up my 29 gal for now.. i threw in the 2 bio -spira packets i was saving for my 55 and transfered everything from my 10 gal.. they had lots and lots of deals.. very nice kili trios for about $3-$12.. can wait till next months swap meet..

Back
Top Bottom