too much filtration????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelfish 20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well i was looking on cl and i found a magnum 350 for 20 bucks i already have one on my 75 gallon tank would 2 of them be to much filtration? and would my 4 juvenile angelfish be ok with the current thanks

I think the only thing you would need to worry about is the current it creates in your tank being too strong. If you that isn't a worry, or you can figure out a way to deal with it then you should be fine.

As far as I know, you can't really filter the water too much. I have a 55 gal and at one point was filtering over 1,000 gallons an hour.

I guess a vacuum is a good analogy. Once there's nothing there (absolutely clean) it can't get any cleaner. One way, is sometime a marineland HOT filter, if they're run in parallel, one can be run as a diatom filter, and the other can be run normally, but otherwise, there's diminishing returns with filtration.

yeah, you cant have too much filtration, but you can have too much flow... but krap101 does have a good point... you will only filter out so much stuff... i think you'd be fine running those two filters

x4... Never too much filtration, but current can pose a issue with some species.

I'd run one as primarily biological and the other as mechanical.
Spray bars can help diffuse outflow current, I direct mine slightly up and against the glass, not into the tank.

I've a 75gal with two AC110s and a Cascade 1200, thats 1300+gph.

Oh and welcome to AA! I'm glad to see another Michigander on here lol. . . There is only one other person that I know of on here from MI. Are you down by Oakland County?

the thing with the 350 is they have a small media area. they are great for polishing the tank but i like to use filters with more area for media.

Back
Top Bottom