Too much noise for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xstream

Aquarium Advice Activist
So we had a pipe burst and the entire lower living space of our condo was flooded 2". Total losses remain to be known, but I have a company setting up equipment to dry the downstairs out.

My question for you all, will the loud equipment create too much stress for my fish? I hope to have the place fried out in less than three days.

They will pick up the vibration, if any, more than the sound. Put a plastic cup of water on top of the tank. Does the water in the cup move/vibrate at all?

David

Vibration isn't a problem.

The guys working on the water damages were great, but they apparently needed to remove my filter and forgot to hook it back up! I caught it about an hour later... There was no water in it what so ever. I hooked it back up and they apologized excessively.

All of the fish are fine...What are the chances I didn't loose my bacteria?

chances of the cycle getting disrupted can't be known, do ammonia and nitrite tests now and often

good luck hope you get nice new carpet/hardwood :)

I wish I had thought to check it. I didn't know how Lon they had gone without filtration and they had already gone a while earlier without power.

As for the cycle questions, we were fully cycled. Two weeks without ammonia or nitrite readings.

I will check them this afternoon, but the water is shut off at the home until the assessor comes to look at things. What kind of water should I buy if I need to perform a water change?

What kind of water should I buy if I need to perform a water change?
If you're using tap water, go over to your neighbor's house and ask him to let you use some of his/her water. Let them know it's for your fish's well being. Take some 5-gallon buckets with you. Your neighbor's water is the same as yours.

David

Back
Top Bottom