Top Fin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anybody know if Top Fin has a web site? Been trying to do some reserch on their tanks but haven't had any luck finding their we site.

Top Fin is PetsMart's brand. I don't know if they have a separate site, so try Petsmart.com

I searched for the longest time once. They don't have a website that I could find or their website was so limited it was worthless. Try Amazon.com and search Top Fin.

When comparing products in store, TopFin is just a name brand's stuff repackaged... slightly discounted. I wouldn't be suprised if the topfin tanks were made by ... allglass, aquaculture?

frostby said:
When comparing products in store, TopFin is just a name brand's stuff repackaged... slightly discounted. I wouldn't be suprised if the topfin tanks were made by ... allglass, aquaculture?

If Top Fin is the manufacturer of PetSmart's tanks, it's not the same as PetCo. If you look at tanks 30 gallons and up, PetSmart's manufacturer uses a black sealant, which I think is really ugly. PetCo uses a translucent sealant.

I have had a 55 with the black sealant for almost 10 years, but I never noticed it until I came here and people mentioned it. I don't find it too distracting, obviously. :)

What are you trying to research? We might be of more help than a non-existent website.

Back in November I had an issue with a hex. 5 gallon aquarium that I picked up at a yard sale for a dollar, if you go on the Petsmart website it's the aquascene 5 type tank. Well my issue was that I had no light for the top and so I emailed topfin to see if they had any lights to fit on top of my tank and they said that they did not sell extra parts for their tanks and that I would have to go into Petsmart and exchange the tank since it had a lifetime warrantee. Thinking all I'd get would be a new tank, I took it in and told them about needing a light, they took my old 1.00 tank and gave me a brand new setup in the box that sells for around 39.00. Having another identical tank at home that I paid 1.00 at another yard sale I took it to the other petsmart around town and got my second 39.00 setup. So for me it will pay to look around for more small tanks at yard sales this spring and summer, and I am really surprised that Petsmart does stand by their product.

Back
Top Bottom