Top Fin Magnet Cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coreygeorge

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have a Marineland 75G Aquarium tank, and currently have an outbreak of "black beard algae" in it, so I got myself a small Top Fin Magnet Cleaner to use on the glass. But after opening it I'm a little scared to use it. The magnet is insanely powerful - ask the tip of my finger that got between them when they snapped shut

Are these okay for the glass? It just freaks me out that it will be snapping together with how powerful the magnet seems to be. I know to watch for gravel getting caught, but will the glass be okay between these magnets? I'm probably overreacting but the idea of 75 gallons of water rushing all over my room is a little concerning lol.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Haha its fine :) just be careful, sand can potentially get inbetween it and scrape the crap out of your glass.

also if you are using black blasting sand its magnetic and will get stuck to the magnet.

Didn't know that! Huh... Learn something new everyday!

�� Diana Lee ��
�� the St. Augustine Redhead ��
Florida Orchid Endler's | Documented Class N Orchid Endler's Livebearer Fish

Black diamond blasting sand is coal slag. Its also treated with a chemical similar to wd40 to prevent rusting. Lots of people use it for substrate and its safe because the chemical is fish oil based. I wouldn't use it but that's just me being cautious.

wont BB just go all over and grow everywhere if you scrape it off? I would excel or H2O2 it

Back
Top Bottom