Top level swimming center piece?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoMoreGoldFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have a 30 gallon tank that houses the following fish:

8 glofish
7 neon tetras
6 albino cory cats
1 dwarf gourami

The DG was supposed to be my center piece but it likes to swim between my plants and graze the bottom for food, it rarely swims up top anymore even though I got some floating plants for it. I thought it was the strong current but I adjusted the spray bar to spray against the glass to reduce the current to the minimum and it still doesn't like the top of the tank. It's weird, because before my other DG died, this one used to claim the top area where my floating plants are, but now it just likes to hang around the planted vegetation. :confused:

Anyway, now I'm looking for a center piece with a small to moderate bioload to claim the top of the tank. Another thing, my tank stays at around 81 - 82 degrees most of the time, so it has to be able to tolerate that temperature.

Thanks. :)

p.s. My aquarium, as you can see there's a lot of unoccupied space around the top left corner. :(

Attachments

• Photo0277.jpg
    Photo0277.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 117
Are there anything that's similar to the DG in size? Because I have a bunch of little fish and want a bigger one. :D What about a Hi Fin Sword tail? Would my other fish nip its tail?

Nevermind, its a jumper and I don't have a canopy.

I've said this to pretty much everyone. Because I just got mine. But paradise fish!

I need the experts to confirm but how about a few praecox rainbows? they tend to stay at the top.

Back
Top Bottom