Top way to clear water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
My water before last weeks water change was clear..then i did a water change about 25 percent and its been cloudy ever since...best thing tp do is another water change? Any tips

when did you do the PWC? is not uncommon for things to get stirred up sometimes in a PWC.

Did you make sure to use dechlorinator too? if you forgot it, that could've done it

That might have been it..usually I do a half capful of prime...then do the water change...I'm going to test tank and make sure water okay...then do the change..can't stand it being cloudy at ALL!!

Is it "dusty" cloudy like substrate, or "foggy" cloudy like very skim milk? If it's from the substrate, running the water through polyfill usually does the trick in clearing it up. I run a HOB filter with two sponge medias and polyfill packed between them. It works great in keeping the water clear. :)

It was kind of a dusty..not from substrate..more like skim milk i guess..i added a couple cabomba plants n its cleared up now...also floating in bags waiting to be added...a green terror and another firemouth..wohoooo

I think thats just a ton of microscopic bubbles, at least thats what I classify them as lol that happens to me if I do PWC and then re add water and not giving it a fe wminutes to settle in the milk jugs, I guess you could call it de gassing

Back
Top Bottom