Torn fins, who is the culprit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Each day my fish's fins are torn a little bit again, its nothing serious and is mostly healed by the next day but then it happens again! ATM I am suspecting my spotted gar but here is my list incase anyone has had this happening before.

My fish are:

Red tail catfish 6-7 inch
Rtcxtsn catfish 6-7 inch
Tiger shovelnose just under 9 inch
Endi bichir around 10 inch
Spotted gar 9-10 inch
Siamese tiger fish 4-5 inch
Clown knife fish 8-9 inch

I suspect the gar coz he is the only 1 that doesn't have torn fins but I am open to any ideas that will help me confirm it.
And just to save any unnecessary post I have researched all of my fish and make sure they get the best care possible and there is an almost 1000 usg being built and should be ready within the next month :)

Yea that's what I am thinking, but he is well fed and keeps itself to itself and I'm sure I read somewhere that they was diurnal? But I'm thinking maybe not :/

Thank you! Idk where I read that then :/ must have got confused with a different gar, I'm pretty sure it is him them. Any ideas on how to limit it? Bigger tank maybe?

You've got some big boys there are you know and with that naturally comes some temperment and aggression, a 36" spotted gar will be fairly high on the food chain...large pond or not.

Yea I know that, it's defenatly going to be a bumper tank but I just hope they don't get to damaged.. Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom