Tossing around an idea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kriben

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So recently my current 46 gallon bow front aquarium decided to show signs of age and use. One of them being the top frame around the glass is breaking apart, partially my fault for dropping a glass top... :angel: My plan is to go with a 40 breeder tank to replace the 46 gallon one reason being that they are both 36" long so I don't need to get a new light fixture. Another reason being that it is deeper front to back allowing more surface area. My plan is to move my pair of kribs, who aren't the best parents just my luck first pair I've had. I believe that they need another pair of kribs or more to feel like they have competition. I do have 9 cherry barbs in my tank now and will be trading them in at the lfs for tighter shcooling fish. How does this sound stocking wise?

2 pairs of kribs(will get 6 or so to get second pair)
7 bloodfin tetras
7 blue tetras
3 cory cats
2 siamese algae eaters(I have hair algae issues for some reason)​

I believe Chinese algae eaters actually don't eat that much algae. I believe the also can kill your fish.

Siamese and Chinese are two different fish...look pretty much the same , but very different beasties

I can tell the difference between the two. I have a chinese algae eater, who only eats algae. He helped clean up the 46 gallon's algae issue more so than the oto's did. Besides, you will know for sure when one eats the hair algae and the other doesn't :) I don't have issues with my chinese algae eater any more, took a while for my kribs to figure that they were stronger than him. In fact my kribs chase everyone but the little otos even if they are getting close to their cave which I think is quite odd, but otos don't eat eggs or baby fish.

yeah there are ways, the siamese strike me as more white than clearish looking, and the black lines different.

yeah most definantly. My lfs has a hard time getting them in and hasn't been able to for a year or so now.

Back
Top Bottom