Trading in Angels - what now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

apotocki

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok....looking for some opinions/advice.

I have a 70 gallon FW 'community' style tank (up and running about 11 months and having no problems). My current stocking is:

4 large Angels (actually have 2 mating pairs)
14 Rasboras
5 Rummynose Tetra's
2 Clown Loaches (which I never see as they live in a cave!)
3 Siamese Algae eaters
3 Cory's
1 Gold Nugget Pleco

I am going to get rid of 1 of my mating pairs of Angels as the tank has become a very unhappy tank. Both pairs have established a side of the tank that is theirs and the males frequently meet in the middle.....agressively. Its worse when the females lay eggs as they both lay eggs on the intake tube for the filter......only 2 weeks apart so this is a ongoing problem with little break!
I've found a store owner very interested in working something out as they really want a mating pair of angels.
Sooooo....I'm trying to figure out what else I can put in the tank that will be compatible yet on the 'larger' size as I also was thinking about adding a couple more Rasbora and Rummy's.
The store owner suggested Gourami's....they had a few very colorful Blood Gourami's that I may be interested in but I know little about these guys.
Any ideas/suggestions?
Its appreciated.
Thanks
Alan

Its worse when the females lay eggs as they both lay eggs on the intake tube for the filter.

Wow...and thought my Angels were weird but they keep doing the same thing. :)

Though I've never seen the gouramie you mention, gourami's were going to be my suggestion. They are very similar to bettas as far as breeding (bubble nests) but are far more peaceful. :)

Thanks for all the responses....

I think I'm gonna go with the 'Flame/Blood' Gouramis as they are very colorful. Anyone see problems with putting 2-3 together?

Back
Top Bottom