trading in fish at pet store?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gourami owner

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know if ANY pet stores that let you trade in fish because I have plecos that have grown to big and id like to trade them in for smaller ones please let me know

But they give you fish for a fish or just take it off your hands?

They just take it off your hands, its just a donation. I gave them some tiger barbs, they didn't ask any questions and just dumped them in their tiger barb tank. In fact the girl didn't even look the fish over for fin rot or any disease.

That's one reason (among many) that I don't buy my fish at Petco any more. They are ok for supplies and for plants though but their staff (at least where I am) is clueless when it comes to fish.

I asked a sales rep there if they had any 20 gallon Highs and she didn't know what I meant by "high". A few years ago I bought some tiger barbs there and the girl netted 2 clown loaches instead of the tiger barbs. I actually had to say, "Uh no, that's not a tiger barb".

They just take it off your hands, its just a donation. I gave them some tiger barbs, they didn't ask any questions and just dumped them in their tiger barb tank. In fact the girl didn't even look the fish over for fin rot or any disease.

That's one reason (among many) that I don't buy my fish at Petco any more. They are ok for supplies and for plants though but their staff (at least where I am) is clueless when it comes to fish.

I asked a sales rep there if they had any 20 gallon Highs and she didn't know what I meant by "high". A few years ago I bought some tiger barbs there and the girl netted 2 clown loaches instead of the tiger barbs. I actually had to say, "Uh no, that's not a tiger barb".

Lmao that's embarrassing I'm guess the stripes on a clown loach look like tigers lmao wooow

Ha ha ha ha ha! That's too funny!

Anyway... If you have any locally owned (not chains like petco or petsmart) try them first. My LFS here gives store credit for fish. I recently traded in my grumpy old Bosemani rainbow, and he gave me five bucks store credit.

LFS are your best bet. We have a great locally owned one here and I had a fully mature bully angel I traded and got some more great looking fish AND store credit. Just look around a bit and u will find something.

Back
Top Bottom