Train Clown Loach to take Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vega

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone trained a Clown loach to take snail b4? Hope i can train mine to take snail....

TIA :lol: :lol: :lol:

IF by take snail you mean eat snails... Then there is no training required! Mine go nuts for snails, when I add new plants into the tank and there are some snails that have snuck in on the plants, they are goners in a day or 2. Clown loaches, most loaches for that matter, love to eat snails...

Joe

Yep, from what I understand you would have to train them NOT to eat snails, because I believe it is one thing they are really known for.

I had a snail once, then 2 days later I had 15 snails.. I bought a clown loach and 15 went to 0 in about 5 days.. I then bought him a freind (another clown loach) for a job well done!!

hmmmm maybe i should give mine some more times. now he/she is 3 inche.

Thanks.

You could try holding the snail up in the water until it came out of the shell to try to walk away to try enticing the loach with a juicy meal. Worked wonders with my jewel cichlid, he loves a nice snail treat, they don't even make it to the bottom of the tank anymore.

Back
Top Bottom