Transfer my fish to a new tank?!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Javier Alexis

Aquarium Advice Regular
How I am suppose to change my fish from my 10G to my new 29G safely???

Which method do anyone recommend?

No, BB dosen`t free float.

1. run your old filter on the new tank along with your new filter. The ole filter has BB in it witch will be needed. Keep the filter media inside wet, I suggest filling a zip lock bag with tank water and placeing it in there. "

2. tank every thing out of your tank except gravel. You can add this 2 the new tank after you add water conditor and fill it up.

3. Have lots of zip lock bags on hang. Fill with tank water and caych your fish with a net and bag them. Rember to acclumate them to the new tank

4. Scoop out old subtrate and add to new tank.

Then add the filter media

How I always do it is:: fill up the new tank with water from the same source as you use for the old tank or make sure the nitrates are close to the old tanks. Also make sure it's the same temp.
Remove some water from the old tank into a bucket and start netting fish into the bucket.
Once all the fish you have removed are in the bucket bring everyone over to where you have the new one set up and start netting them into the new tank.
After that I always dump the old water into the new tank, but it's not necessary.

If you are using a new water source you'll want to acclimate them like you would any new fish.

I don't know if this is the "correct" way, but it's the way I've always done it and it has always worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom