Transitioning to larger foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
My baby betta has been growing so fast and she looks like she is going to soon outgrow her 0.5mm pellets.

My question is, should I mix some of the larger on with her smaller ones to make the transition easier? I know that bettas are not very picky, but I've really been spoiling this girl (she is my only female fish, after all) and so I want this to be as smooth as possible.

Any opinions?

Great question! When changing food for any fish, one should add half and half for awhile in order for the fish to get use to the food you are feeding them. Hope this helps!

That's what I was thinking. It would be the same NLS pellets, just a larger size. So, I'm thinking not that bumpy of a transition. She hand feeds, so I'm thinking I can sneak in larger pretty easily.

Try it out, and if you find the fish isn't eating, then do a transition method. Since you hand feed it shouldn't be a problem. Congrats on hand feeding your fish! :)

Thank you! She was actually no issue. I have all of my bettas hand-fed trained and she was probably the easiest one. Probably since I started when she was so young.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Thank you! She was actually no issue. I have all of my bettas hand-fed trained and she was probably the easiest one. Probably since I started when she was so young.

Probably! Good luck with your fish keeping and I wish you the best! Keep me posted on any other questions you have :)

Back
Top Bottom