Transporting betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was going to stop by the fish store tomorrow to get some supplies. I was thinking of taking my Betta in so they could look at him and tell me what I can do.

My daughter has a class so we will be there before I go to the fish store. He would be with me or in the car (probably with me since its too hot for in the car) for about 2 hrs.

Can I just transport him in a container with a lid or would he need air in that time?

I can also wait for another day to take him but tomorrow would be the best day so we could get as much advice as possible. The fish store is dead on weekdays.

Thanks!
Jana

he will need air so you could use the cup he came in (if he came in one) or you could use a container and put saran/plastic rap over the top but make sure you poke some holes in it..

Hi Jana,
you could take a 2-5 liter container and put some plastic and as said poke some holes. He should be fine, they don't produce enough bio load to intoxicate themselves in such short periods of time. I wouldn't put him in the cup he came in as you are probably feeding at a normal rate(2-3 times a day) while fish stores feed once a day (what I saw) witch highly limits the ammonia produced.

Good Luck!

Thanks all! Sorry I took so long to respond he seems to maybe taking a turn up.

Shanny he has been sick since November he had a terrible fin rot and I treated then just went with water changes, change the filter back (I think his problems started when I changed his filter), anyway he had ulcerations on his tail end and his fin started to get worse so I went for a last play removed all of the substrate. Luckily the pH went down after that (not sure why but it was fortunate) so I used Triple Sulfa one more time.

THe rest of his tail fell off but he is finally growing more. He still has a swim bladder issue and might be pine coned. I was just going to go with peas or something. He has lived with us for 18 mos and was pretty developed when we got him. I have no idea how old he is but we are slowly getting him better. Not sure he will make it or not.

Back
Top Bottom