Transporting fish and tanks....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Interloper

Aquarium Advice Regular
What's the best way? I'm prolly gonna be moving 3+ hours away including taking everything apart and setting it up again...

It's a 38g with 9 Odessa barbs and one blue angel...

I have prolly 75lbs of just substrate, I'm guessing but I have it at prolly 3 to 4 inches thick...I forget how much I added cause i changed my mind about color early in the game so there was still quite a bit of fluorite red in there...

I'm not against just donating my fish to the LFS, I would rather not but I don't wanna kill them just for me being in a lame situation...

I have prolly have 9 plants...all a decent size but I think I can transport them without issues...

Should I empty the tank 100%? Meaning the substrate? I will put the filter media in tank water for the move in a smaller container...I just have read that you shouldn't move a tank with annnnything in it, so im freakin out heh

Any help is much appreciated...

Id get some buckets to transport the fish, use battery operated air pump with air stones. I would most definitely remove all substrate.

When I moved I took out as much tank water into plastic containers and buckets , they had lids so the water wouldn't spill. Left about 10-20% of the water in the tank with the filter,heater,gravel etc. With the fish I went to the shop and got fish bags. All of mine survived and I've never lost a fish

Interloper said:
I will put the filter media in tank water for the move in a smaller container

Its also important to keep the tank water for your media during the move the same temp as the tank originally was or the BB could die

Back
Top Bottom