Transporting my fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Copachick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone,
I need some advise on the best way to transport my fish to a new house that Im moving into. Its only 10 minutes up the street, so its not a long drive for them.. but I am unsure the best way to handle them. Should I place them all in bags? in big buckets ? I have two tanks. 10 fish in one, 15 in the other.

Thanks for the help!:thanks:

Yea I was thinking about the cooler. The totes is an idea...
Im just so paradoid with them lol.

I transported my friends almost 400g and his 55g and all fish lived great....what we did we bagged them like the fish stores do then bagged filter media with some fish food to keep up ammonia then any tank media that fits in bags and add a little fish food and then when u transport ur good to go..fyi we transported theses guys from ohio to texas and worked the best that we have experienced

xfactor6699 said:
I was just putting out what we did every case is going to have their own variables

atleast that's how my common sense works just saying

I also doubt you need anything from the tank in the bag. Besides water.

Yeah I think all we need in the bags is just water. I just hope we get the tanks set up in time so the fish dont have to stay in the bags for too long. Obviously we are going to do one tank at a time

roundar said:
I also doubt you need anything from the tank in the bag. Besides water.

Decor in a tank carries beneficial bacteria the more bb u have the less chance of a mini cycle.. Tank water does not carry bb its on media in ur tank (gravel, decor, filter sponge)

Copachick said:
Yeah I think all we need in the bags is just water. I just hope we get the tanks set up in time so the fish dont have to stay in the bags for too long. Obviously we are going to do one tank at a time

Dont worry about them being in the bag for to long they can last awhile in them just worry about setting things up right for the fishes sake

Decor in a tank carries beneficial bacteria the more bb u have the less chance of a mini cycle.. Tank water does not carry bb its on media in ur tank (gravel, decor, filter sponge)

The fish don't need it in a bag with them. Just don't drain all the water from the filter or tank imo.

roundar said:
The fish don't need it in a bag with them. Just don't drain all the water from the filter or tank imo.

I wasn't saying put the media in with the fish that's why I said bag them like ur lfs does not just all fish in the same bag then bag media"in separate bag" next time I'll do a step by step just thought it was common sense but that is my mistake sry

Back
Top Bottom