treats for fantails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donna

Aquarium Advice Regular
Whatever planet my brain is currently on.
just popped a bit of apple in my tank and wondered if this was actually a good idea. when i read up on fish before getting them, i found info saying that most fruit and vegatables are suitable (semi-cook hard veg) and i wondered if there were any to watch out for or if anyone knew of any that my fishies would particularly go nuts for. (they used to go mental for cucumber but the interest is waning methinks. variety is the spice of life)

also, thanks to everyone who has helped me on my bumpy start to keeping fish. i now have 5 lovely little fantails, (one of which is a total diva and hates Nemo toys!) and I want them to be happy and above all, healthy.

much thanks in advance from myself and the fishies!

oranges are a good one. i feed my fish peaches since i have a tree. you just have to try some out see what they like.

Mine go nuts for peas (shelled, blanched & chopped). Also zucchini, cucumbers. I have heard that they love oranges, although I hadn't tried any.

For a REAL treat - try shrimp! Regular cooked cocktail shrimp, chopped up. They will eat out of my hand for shrimps.

thanks i'll try those since i'd avoided citrus fruit because of the acids but i guess a little wouldn't hurt. (i wonder if lemon is any good... my husband is always joking that he's going to marinade my fishies in lemon to make them taste nice, it'd totally freak him out to come home and see a piece of lemon in the tank! mwehehehe)

Back
Top Bottom