Tricky 36 Gallon Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mxg5299

Aquarium Advice Activist
In my 36 gallon I currently have:
1 Kribensis
5 Black Skirt Tetra
3 Emerald Cory

I've been looking to add more activity to the tank, however small schooling fish never seem to work out. I added some zebra danios and none of them made it, most of them mysteriously disappearing. I think I've been buying too small and have been considering some semi-aggressive cichlids like Brichardi or Firemouth.

Any suggestions?

How is the Krib with the corys? Kribs are very defensive of their territory on the bottom of the tank, so keep that in mind when you choose fish.

The Krib has a cave that she essentially guards herself. It'll push the corys and tetras away from it, but never chase them around the tank.

Agree with Laser, Kribs can be quite territorial & if they have fry downright vicious. I am not sure the Cories could deal with that kind of harrasament on a long term basis. I would also blame the Kribs for your missing Danio as mine will make a meal of smaller fish if in the mood. I have Swords & Platies in the tank with mine and the smaller ones definitely keep to the Hornwort on top til at least 1- 1.5". I added new fry from the grow out tank once by just putting them in and the Kribs though I was SO kind to provide them with with such a tastu snack. Now I try to make sure the fry stay in the middle of the Hornwort clump when added.

The Krib has been alone living with corys for over 2 years... there are no problems with the current tankmates.

Back
Top Bottom