Tropical community suggestions for a 55g planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i found a great deal on a 55g tank on craigslist and was thinking about this please feel free to tell me your thoughts on my stocking ideas

Fish:
-15 neon tetras
-7 juli cories
-2 clown plecos
-german blue ram pair from my 20g long
-4 oto cats
-15 rummy nose tetras
-4 angel fish

Plants:
-2 anubias nana
-2 java fern
-4 amazon sword
-8 corkscrew vallisnera
-3 red ludwigia
-2 water wisteria

Lights:
Aqueon T5 6700k full spectrum bulbs
Filter:
Marine land C-220 canister filter
Substrate: pool filter sand

Thanks.

Is go just one pair of Angels, and only 10 of each school. Plus only one or no plecos. It'll be over stocked IMO if you go that route. Also, there are some people who say that Angelfish will eat the Neons sooner or later. Although, IME, which isn't a lot, the Angels are not bothering the Neons. But my neons are full grown (got them that way) and the Angels are not quite full grown.

Is go just one pair of Angels, and only 10 of each school. Plus only one or no plecos. It'll be over stocked IMO if you go that route. Also, there are some people who say that Angelfish will eat the Neons sooner or later. Although, IME, which isn't a lot, the Angels are not bothering the Neons. But my neons are full grown (got them that way) and the Angels are not quite full grown.

So could i get 20 rummys and no neons instead?

And then get 1 of the plecos

You might want to add the GBR's after a few months. They tend to be sensitive to water conditions.

You might want to add the GBR's after a few months. They tend to be sensitive to water conditions.

Yeah i was planning on doing that i will just keep them in my 20g long which is well established and they have been in it for a couple of months

So i found a great deal on a 55g tank on craigslist and was thinking about this please feel free to tell me your thoughts on my stocking ideas

Fish:
-15 neon tetras
-7 juli cories
-2 clown plecos
-german blue ram pair from my 20g long
-4 oto cats
-15 rummy nose tetras
-4 angel fish

Plants:
-2 anubias nana
-2 java fern
-4 amazon sword
-8 corkscrew vallisnera
-3 red ludwigia
-2 water wisteria

Lights:
Aqueon T5 6700k full spectrum bulbs
Filter:
Marine land C-220 canister filter
Substrate: pool filter sand

Thanks.

Also could i add a bolivian pair? Or is that just to much.

You've got the fish covered and I agree 2 angels will work better and also if you get small angels and they grow up with small fish there are generally few if any problems down the road. I have 12 adult angels and all small fish in my 220g.

I do suggest only getting 1 Amazon Sword. They grow very large and one will take up a lot of room in a 55g. I'm sitting in front of my one 55g right now and they can be difficult to scape and give depth too because their width is only 12 or 13 inches. One large Amazon sword can take up to 1/3 of the tank. You never think they will get that big but they do. On a good note tho you can use sissors to cut outer leaves off at the base to keep the size of the Sword smaller.

Back
Top Bottom