Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-18-2014, 02:04 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sorry, not trying to be nit picky but "good" is a very subjective term and everyone has their own definition. Im just trying to be thorough what exactly are the readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?

Old 09-18-2014, 03:36 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

About the fish with ich -
The tank is contaminated with ich the moment you add that fish. It is almost 100% certain that there were also ich parasites that are in the free-swimming stage introduced, if only in the bit of water clinging to that fish.

So you could euthanise the fish if you wanted to (please don't just flush it, read up on using oil of cloves or boiling water) but that won't do anything to protect your other fish from ich.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

I can get it tested late tomorrow in going on a small trip and can't do it this morning. But when I tested it, ut was where the package had said it should be.

Ok... That sucks. I killed him yesterday. I just buy him in a plastic bag and intently smushed his brain.. Grusume I know but he died quickly.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:48 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha View Post
About the fish with ich -
The tank is contaminated with ich the moment you add that fish. It is almost 100% certain that there were also ich parasites that are in the free-swimming stage introduced, if only in the bit of water clinging to that fish.

So you could euthanise the fish if you wanted to (please don't just flush it, read up on using oil of cloves or boiling water) but that won't do anything to protect your other fish from ich.
Boiling water is far less humane than alcohol, ICE water (for tropical fish), our even clubbing and decapitation for that matter.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 09-18-2014, 10:05 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrgizerbunny View Post
Boiling water is far less humane than alcohol, ICE water (for tropical fish), our even clubbing and decapitation for that matter.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I agree - just wanted to point out there are better ways than flushing.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just smashed it's head.. It was suffering.

Tags
ate, fish, pic, temperature, tropical, tropical fish, water, water temp, water temperature

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com