Tropical hudge goldfish tank warm water!!! Hard to believe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not to mention that even if you succeed in keeping them going in smaller tanks, they will become stunted if not given more space when they need it.

Goldies can be very personable, interesting fish. I love the video on Youtube where one learned to ring a bell by pulling a string, to be fed.

But they deserve to be kept in the conditions that they evolved to thrive in. Just because they can survive in ponds in summer does not mean they are enjoying the heat. I often notice them coming up for air, because their water is so low in oxygen when it's hot. But in a pond they can at least choose the coolest spot available, or shade under a plant. In a tank they have no such choices.

I had a Black Moor, back when I was in high school. Very tiny when I got him. I kept him in a 5G, for a year or so, until he grew too large for it. Used to eat from my hand. Rehomed him to a very large pond, where he lived for decades. Last time I saw him, long ago, he was nearly a foot long.

Consider the goldfish being caught in Lake Tahoe.. clearly released by aquarium owners who should have known better, they are changing the entire ecology of the lake, and growing to impressive size while they do it.

I hadn't heard that about Lake Tahoe. I'm going to google it later.

Lake Tahoe

I hadn't heard that about Lake Tahoe. I'm going to google it later.

This has no relevance to 99.9% of normal Americans.

Yes I have been there ......... tourist guide said most human bodies there ... due to temp & body chemistry.

But I thought this forum is about fish.

Lake Tahoe is a COLD water lake and has no relevance here ......... however it is great if you want to dispose of a crime scene.

Can we please talk about relevant subjects only? I see no evidence that Navarre FL has massive infections.

This has no relevance to 99.9% of normal Americans.

Yes I have been there ......... tourist guide said most human bodies there ... due to temp & body chemistry.

But I thought this forum is about fish.

Lake Tahoe is a COLD water lake and has no relevance here ......... however it is great if you want to dispose of a crime scene.

Can we please talk about relevant subjects only? I see no evidence that Navarre FL has massive infections.

I think the "goldfish in lake tahoe" situation is relevant - as you said yourself, lake tahoe is a cold water lake - the goldfish being caught there are huge. When in an environment that suits their needs more, they will be healthier and grow bigger. You so far have been the only one to bring up other things about the lake, so not sure why you're writing off others as being irrelevant :confused:

I think the "goldfish in lake tahoe" situation is relevant - as you said yourself, lake tahoe is a cold water lake - the goldfish being caught there are huge. When in an environment that suits their needs more, they will be healthier and grow bigger. You so far have been the only one to bring up other things about the lake, so not sure why you're writing off others as being irrelevant :confused:
You are correct. I must have felt the stress of three hours of shopping for a 55 gallon tank upgrade !!!:brows:

Back
Top Bottom