trouble with angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have trouble keeping fw angelfish. . They die! Water test shows 0 nitrite 0 ammonia and nitrates at0-5ppm... they were silver dollar size too... I just don't know where I'm going wrong

I have trouble keeping fw angelfish. . They die! Water test shows 0 nitrite 0 ammonia and nitrates at0-5ppm... they were silver dollar size too... I just don't know where I'm going wrong

Welcome to AA.

Were the water conditions always the way you showed or was this a new tank recently cycled?

Yes Sorry I hit the wrong button and messed up lol

The tank has been established for about a year now. .. water temperature 82-83 btw...

Sometimes small angels can be fragile. I kid you not I went through at least a dozen juveniles trying to get a pair and I have one survivor that i still have and have had him for over a year. There is also a virus thar effects angelfish.

Yes they were all same stock. ... I hope it's just bad stock. ... I really hate to lose fish like that. ...they were all medium size when i got them. .... I guess i'll keep trying

Some showed what looked like fin rot so I was doing water changes often to keep it clean and healthy

I would personally try another store to see if you have better luck. Your water parameters are pristine, so feed a quality food and with some new fish hopefully you'll find success.

What size tank is this?

It's a 60g and I had 5 angelfish and 1small pleco about 2 1/2" long

It's a 60g and I had 5 angelfish and 1small pleco about 2 1/2" long

Well that sounds like a great setup! You shouldn't have any conflicts with a pleco. It really is sounding like a bad stock. I recently started to restock my 75 and picked a few Angels from my regular LFS. A couple weeks later I started looking at other LFS in my area for a different color variety, even though I don't trust the other stores near as much. I fell in love with a beautiful marble one and brought it home, and it turned into a big headache. Its stopped eating so I QT-ed it, tried hard to identify the problem, thought I had figured it out and tried medications, but after a month it finally just died...
Sorry the long story. The point I'm trying to make is only buy fish from a source you trust, and be VERY selective in taking home only the healthiest looking fish. I know I'll only stick to the best store in my area from now on. Good luck!

Yes it was... water test showed 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 0-5 nitrates. . PH at 7.6 which is what the pet store was at too..

Back
Top Bottom