Trouble with fishless cycle! Help please! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My opinion is that it does not, and the tank will not cycle. However Mebbid states he gets a cycle. If that is true it is because bacteria is all over everything on earth all the time. The floor, objects, animals, people...everything. IMO it is not the nitrifiers but Mebbid's results seem to show that there are some in there.
Its not just mine. Its very common for people to start up a tank without any added bacteria.

It took me like 3 or 4 weeks of i remember correctly.

Its not just mine. Its very common for people to start up a tank without any added bacteria.

It took me like 3 or 4 weeks of i remember correctly.

+1, takes me abt 3wks when i do that. New tank, water, new filter.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My nitrates FINALLY spkied! I'm doing a happy dance over here!

I wanted to double check, but it looks like the tutorial I'm following is saying to do a 50% water change at this point. Does that sound about right? The nitrate test is a brighter red than any of the colors on the chart. Nitrites look like they are off the charts too. Ammonia has been dropping to 0 within 24 hours or so each day.

If you need any other information, please let me know. I'm so happy that I was able to get back on track with all of your help!

Back
Top Bottom