Troubles feeding angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I got an angelfish 3 days ago. It's right about quarter size.

The first day he ate 2 cichlid pellets with a bit of effort (it's just a tiny bit too big for his mouth). Now he will try to bit it, and then just let it go.

I then tried feeding him flakes. He tried to bite it off the surface but he just doesn't manage to get it in his mouth.

I only have freeze dried brine shrimp (it's in the big cubes) and I tried crumbling part of it and putting it in. He would only eat the big pieces.

All my other fish get to food so much faster also (GBRs and Rosy barbs)

What can I try feeding?

I've never had an angelfish that didn't eat everything. But can you find out what he was being fed from the place you bought it from? Often new foods get this kind of reaction. One food that seems to be a hit with everyone is frozen brine shrimp.

Do you have a QT tank in the event you need to move him?

I feed my angelfish omega 1 flakes and bloodworms as well and it seems to work.... Try the frozen bloodworms and see what happens!!

I've never had an angelfish that didn't eat everything. But can you find out what he was being fed from the place you bought it from? Often new foods get this kind of reaction. One food that seems to be a hit with everyone is frozen brine shrimp.

Do you have a QT tank in the event you need to move him?

He eats the nfs sinking pellets at the LFS. And I already had those, but I guess it must be a size bigger.

There's no QT I can move him to (until November) and I have freeze dried brine shrimp.

My Angelfish were tiny when I got them, maybe a little larger than dime-size, but they have never, ever, been picky eaters and are the first ones to the front of the tank when I walk up. They have voracious appetites. Let's just hope as they get even bigger (they've really grown!) that they don't make a snack out of my Endlers. I like those little guys.

My Angelfish were tiny when I got them, maybe a little larger than dime-size, but they have never, ever, been picky eaters and are the first ones to the front of the tank when I walk up. They have voracious appetites. Let's just hope as they get even bigger (they've really grown!) that they don't make a snack out of my Endlers. I like those little guys.

I've got a couple Rachovii Killifish pairs in the 220g with the big angels and the females are about the size (maybe) of a male Endler. The only time I've run into problems with little fish is when some male mature, get big, and turn nasty. I started out with 14 angels and two males go so big and mean the tank was always in chaos. I pulled them out and everything settled down including the remaining 12 angels.

Oh the angelfish is the first to the front of tank for food. But he will either a) nip the surface where there's no food or b) hit the food on the surface (so it starts sinking) and then miss it.

I feel like if he wasn't so enthusiastic to eat, he would be able to get food

Success! He ate 3 pellets. About a minute later coughed up 2 at one time, but captured 1 again. So a total of 2 pellet is in his tummy.

And rivercats do u think u can I'd what color morph he is? Idk I'd he's too young though

Attachments

• image-4092845566.jpg
    image-4092845566.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 46
  • image-3670646418.jpg
    image-3670646418.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 45
I've got a couple Rachovii Killifish pairs in the 220g with the big angels and the females are about the size (maybe) of a male Endler. The only time I've run into problems with little fish is when some male mature, get big, and turn nasty. I started out with 14 angels and two males go so big and mean the tank was always in chaos. I pulled them out and everything settled down including the remaining 12 angels.

Wow, 12 Angels!! I would love to have that many. I have 2 black marbled and I'm concerned that my tank isn't big enough. I hope mine don't get aggressive. I have no clue of their sex, but Bob McCoy, breeds angels here in CO is guessing that they're both females. Guess I'll have to hope for the best.

Success! He ate 3 pellets. About a minute later coughed up 2 at one time, but captured 1 again. So a total of 2 pellet is in his tummy.

And rivercats do u think u can I'd what color morph he is? Idk I'd he's too young though

Very pretty Angel!!

Back
Top Bottom