trying to talk the spouse into letting me set up 55 gallon in hallway...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleynicole

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i think I found a space to set up my 55 galling in my hallway , if I get a canister filter and put it up against the wall... Only problem is my husband doesn't want me to set it up... So I am trying to think, what can I do for him to let me set up this tank? I really want to do some cichlids, I am considering some mbuba like yellow labs and electric blue. The only think I can think of is buying him an xbox 360, we were going to buy one a couple years ago, now I'm afraid if I get one they will come out with a new system. Any other ideas?

I agree a trade off is a good approach to take. In my situation...a new canister filter = new shoes for the wife, the Fluval Chi = a shopping trip at The Limited, etc... Most of us guys are just kids in a mans body, and we like our toys :D. The new xbox isn't set for release until after 2015...so that should be a good choice.

Plus, since you're a female...your gender has plenty of ways to talk us into things :D

get him involved in helping pick the fish? idk my hubs is just as bad as me when it comes to fish. We have 3 tanks in our living room lol

Hmm...

Well, for me, I found a fish that looks like our dog (Black oranda = Pug, lol), showed her and told her we could get one, and she thought it would be so awesome to have a miniature aquatic version of our dog that I pretty much got clearance to put up a tank however big as long as it contains that fish :fish2:

Maybe you could find a fish that you think resembles him in some way and make it King of the Tank to be. Who wouldn't want a tiny aquatic kingdom to vicariously rule over? :ROFLMAO:

Good idea LyndaB, however almost nothing works for my husband. Mostly because he grew immune many years ago. I've learned a few tricks tho that still occasionally work. It's mental warfare! I change creatures. Wanted gerbils he said no so I start hounding him about horses repeatedly and after a while he concedes to my gerbils. For the last tank I started about ferrets, then geckos, then birds. Finally he said ok to a new tank. It's how I have gotten all my tanks and my gerbils. However this last tank he said is it, we have no more room for critters! :-( and I know the tone. So I will persist as I would love to do crayfish ( he loves them) but even this is going to take some finesse!

Good idea LyndaB, however almost nothing works for my husband.

Then you ain't doing it right, girlfriend....... NO man can resist that particular gift..... well, except my ex-husband who didn't "get it" when he opened that gift under the Christmas tree one year. Oh well.... I guess there are exceptions. :rolleyes:

Good idea LyndaB, however almost nothing works for my husband. Mostly because he grew immune many years ago. I've learned a few tricks tho that still occasionally work. It's mental warfare! I change creatures. Wanted gerbils he said no so I start hounding him about horses repeatedly and after a while he concedes to my gerbils. For the last tank I started about ferrets, then geckos, then birds. Finally he said ok to a new tank. It's how I have gotten all my tanks and my gerbils. However this last tank he said is it, we have no more room for critters! :-( and I know the tone. So I will persist as I would love to do crayfish ( he loves them) but even this is going to take some finesse!

Keep mentioning large exotic and expensive reptiles! How about you start talking alligators and crocodiles, a python, maybe a Komodo Dragon or two.(y)

Soon enough the though of one of those escaping and scurring / slithering around the house vs a fish tank where the inhabitants can't escape should sway him:brows:

Yeah I spoil my husband in that particular department so.... His answer would be "im getting that anyway" lol.

It would have to be something material. He does however want a kingsnake, but I'm havnt found one at the right price yet. But I think I will surprise him with the xbox 360. if I'm sure the new one isn't coming out till 2015.... That's what I hate about buying game systems. And maybe a membership to one of those game rental sites? He used to play xbox live all the time but stopped a while back because he says the xbox is to old... Lol.

jcolon said:
Keep mentioning large exotic and expensive reptiles! How about you start talking alligators and crocodiles, a python, maybe a Komodo Dragon or two.(y)

Soon enough the though of one of those escaping and scurring / slithering around the house vs a fish tank where the inhabitants can't escape should sway him:brows:

I'm actually terribly afraid of snakes so that's out. I'm thinking sheep. Tank vs building fence on 5 acres may do the trick! I'm with ashleynicole I can't entice with more but maybe less? Moohaha.

jcolon said:

Well we have a cornsnake already that is about 6 years old. We like snakes but In 6 years he has only gotten out once and it was my own fault... Lol.

Back
Top Bottom