Trying to tank re-model! Need advice! (:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I wanted a change to my fish tank. Make it a little more natural looking. I mainly wanted some driftwood to hopefully make the water healthier for the fish. Bring the Ph down a bit. BUT I went from this
img_1776773_0_c88d55d32bc08482f43e3a767b831dac.jpg

to this

img_1776773_1_18a8f8d7394e48d74b3b6ad71a102d75.jpg
It's nice and everything but it feels so plain to me. Unfinished! I'm not sure what it is I am missing, but I feel like I need a different/more driftwood (thinner like branches? or one big one?), or more rock, or.. more red plants, colored plants! something! I like the right side of the tank but HATE the left. Could You give me your opinion? Whats needed? /:

more natural reds would help give some visual contrast. other then that i would back some of the taller plants off the foreground and move some of the shorter ones to the foreground instead.

A black background would look really good, and you can't go wrong with a nice piece of dw. Check out the fabulous pieces available at the Manzanita dw site. I think they're located in California, so shipping shouldn't be too bad.

Back
Top Bottom