Tubifex worm mess

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbimflyer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, just a question about a way to keep tubifex worms from creating a mess. I feed my fish freeze-dried tubifex worms a couple of times a week, but have noticed the mess they make inside of my canister filter. Does anyone have experience with this, and a way to remedy this from happening. I press them on the glass near the bottom, but it gets attacked by all the fish and starts to float all over the place until some of them ultimately get sucked into the filter.

Have you tried adding a sponge to you Filter intake , I have sand bottom and so I feel your pain... lol, I also use a blue and white filter media pad that I cut up and rapped it around my intake, Hope that helps!!!!

If you put a sponge on the intake filter that will stop up faster than the canister...I have a power strip cord connected to my canister and when I feed I turn the canister off with the power strip on/off switch for approx. 30 min..... This will take care of the problem.

If you put a sponge on the intake filter that will stop up faster than the canister...I have a power strip cord connected to my canister and when I feed I turn the canister off with the power strip on/off switch for approx. 30 min..... This will take care of the problem.

That sounds like a plan, I never tried that but I will now. :thanks:

like I said earlier I have a power strip cord connected to my canister and its plugged into all of my filters and powerheads to stop all movement until feeding is over. Very simple one on/off switch to control all filtration and movement...Hope this helps.....

Back
Top Bottom