Turn this into a more natural looking aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, I forgot about the fish being in the buckets. And now I remember the background and how long it took to apply it. Hopefully all settling of dust will be done by tomorrow if not already (my water turned slate gray for a few hours). With very fine fishing line you might get away with wrapping it around several times. Just saying.
Look forward to the pics when the fish move back in.

My water was very cloudy when I first added the EcoComplete, but I turned my AC 50 back on and the water was crystal clear within an hour. Right now it looks picture perfect! I think I'll just stick with the rubber bands, they're holding the plants where I want them.

My favorite red guppy jumped out of his bucket! I came in to check on them and I didn't see him, I looked around the and there he was flopping on the floor. Thankfully, he must have just jumped right when I came in, I picked him up and put him back in his bucket and he's just fine! I had to put a cover on the buckets though.

Found this spider thing stuck in my intake tube :/ what is it? Must have been on my plants.

image-2095061293.jpg

Wyatt, I'd add a couple river rocks that coordinate with the background. With lots of plants to blend in the back. I think it will look good. Not every one like black backgrounds. I think the black tank and black substrate and black background can be over powering, though in some tanks it looks so amazing.

It is an easy change if you don't like it later!

Personally, I like the graduated blue backgrounds. Though I plan on adding a (window) frosted film background to my next tank!

Wyatt, I'd add a couple river rocks that coordinate with the background. With lots of plants to blend in the back. I think it will look good. Not every one like black backgrounds. I think the black tank and black substrate and black background can be over powering, though in some tanks it looks so amazing.

It is an easy change if you don't like it later!

Personally, I like the graduated blue backgrounds. Though I plan on adding a (window) frosted film background to my next tank!

I'd seen river rocks in tanks and thought it looked really good. Where would I find some? Do I just go to a river or something?

Just bought some rocks from petsmart, I'll post pics when I put them and the fish back in later today.

Here it is, fish and all!!!

image-3876979305.jpg

I plan to eventually add more plants, too.

I want to thank everyone who replied to this thread and for everyone's help! I doubt I would have a tank setup this nice without all you guys here on AA to help me. :) I couldn't be happier with my tank and I'm SO glad I decided to go through with this redo.

What's next? Maybe a 10 gal fry tank, or maybe, just maybe, save up money at Christmas and invest in a 50 gallon! I'm hooked, what can I say? ;)

Just bought some rocks from petsmart, I'll post pics when I put them and the fish back in later today.

I see you got your rocks. I was going to suggest getting river rock from Lowes. It's a mixed bag so who knows what you'll get but for 5$ it's cheap.

I see you got your rocks. I was going to suggest getting river rock from Lowes. It's a mixed bag so who knows what you'll get but for 5$ it's cheap.

I actually looked in Lowes today but I liked the pet shop rocks better cause they're a bit bigger and prettier. Also, I don't really need 50 pounds of the stuff when I only want about a dozen rocks. Plus, I got the pet shop rocks for only $4! :)

Back
Top Bottom