Turquoise Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need 6+ rainbow fish I wouldn't go over 6/7 with a 55 or you will have to upgrade tank size in a few months, I keep ornate tetras and lemons with mine so I wouldn't see why not except the neons are way smaller

Would be concerned if adult rainbows and small neons, would they be lunch?

Cool, good to know, my only rainbows are dwarf neons. I always error on the side of caution. [emoji215] Bosemans are definitely on my bucket list for 75 though.

Bosemans are absolutely amazing but emeralds have caught my attention heck all rainbows caught my attention, except Australians they can be aggressive lol
03bfa0a225fe558ade147cc9c7599c35.jpg

Just researched them, what max size did you find? I found conflicting info 3.5"&5".

Do you have any? Added to my bucket list. Group of them and Bosemans?...... [emoji57]

I have 6, I moved them to a 55 gallon tank with 3 pit bull plecos. Hopefully they will get along with the plecos. Do you guys know how many rainbow fish I can keep in a 55 gallon? I got them at petsmart for 3$ each. What a deal, the guy put the wrong number lol

Lol you got a steal, I would quarantine them though for 2 weeks and medicate if need be cause that's a one time deal lol, he's gonna get fired lol
I wouldn't go over 6

I had them for a month already, they look super healthy. It was an impulse buy. I have 3 pitbull plecos that were killing my killifish (killed 3 blue gularis males), it will only kill the males i dont know why. Aggressive maybe fight for caves. Maybe with the rainbows it will be different. What i have read Rainbows are middle fish swimmers, if im wrong please correct me.

Back
Top Bottom