Two Tanks & Two Stocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
It has been quite some time since I've been on here!

So starting Monday the LFS I go to is having a sale, and I just set up an old 5.5g and need to redo my 55g. I have two questions(ish) regarding the tanks.

For the 55g I currently have:
1 angelfish
3 panda cories (I'm upping them to 6 come Monday)
6 cherry barbs
7 black neon tetras
1 Bristlenose pleco
3 ottos

Is there any room in there for a school of lemon or blue tetras? Just curious because the neons and barbs are small and the middle is very open.

And then for my 5.5g I am thinking either CPDs or Chili rasboras (they just got both in :dance:! I just want to know how many of either you would get... I'm only getting one species if I worded that weirdly.

Thank you! :thanks:

You could add another school of tetras. But if I were you I would add more to the current schools and then maybe a couple rams, or apistos. How about 8 cories, 8 black neons, 8 rosy barbs, 8 Otto cats, BN Pleco, angel, and 2 blue rams.

If the 5.5 is a species only tank, you can do 6-8 CPDs or boraras.

You could add another school of tetras. But if I were you I would add more to the current schools and then maybe a couple rams, or apistos. How about 8 cories, 8 black neons, 8 rosy barbs, 8 Otto cats, BN Pleco, angel, and 2 blue rams.
I had some l. curviceps about six months-a year ago and they did nothing but cause havoc in the tank so I'm a bit apprehensive about any more dwarf cichlids... But I do like the idea of upping the school size.

What are the dimensions of the 5.5?
16″ x 8″ x 10″ is the size.

If the 5.5 is a species only tank, you can do 6-8 CPDs or boraras.
That's a great number, honestly I'm a bit shocked at the amount--in a good way though:) I am thinking about putting some shrimp in but I think that doesn't count.

Don't let one bad experience get you down! Try try again. Rams are usually very peaceful.

I got two Bolivian rams last night, so thank you for the reassurance! Hopefully they'll be nice to the angel as vice versa.

They are cute little buggers:).

When I was acclimating them:

This morning:

I think the final stock for the 55 will be:
1 angel
2 rams
1 BN pleco
4 otto (maybe more... We'll see)
6-8 panda cories (have 6 maybe get 8 when the big sale happens)
8 black neons
8 cherry barbs

For the 5.5g:
7 CPDs
Shrimp... Eventually;)

Thank you for all of your help:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom