Type of angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I now have 10 small angels in my 75 gallon tank.
Most are coloring up very nicely, but two are almost the same as when I got them plain. The only difference I see is a little black around the out side of their fins. Is it the angelfish not coloring up? Or is it the type of angel?

image-2365738903.jpg

image-1247139506.jpg

image-2125533571.jpg

They still look really young from the pics, they probably just haven't colored up yet. Give it some time and they will color up for you :)

Picture #2 looks like a blushing angel which will have paler coloring depending on what gene's for color it has.

As already stated they should color up as they grow but if their body size is over a dime you might just have some mutated color strains. I have a silver orange with very unique pale coloring.

The other could be a smoke variety. Here is mine for a comparison.

ForumRunner_20130626_145724.jpg
He (or she I don't know the sex) is still pretty young it this pic. It was taken about 4 months ago.

Just wait it out its fun to see them mature :)

They are all blushing angels just in different color morphs. I've been keeping angels since the 80's.

I'd hardly call myself an expert. It's just they have always been my favorite fish and I've kept tons of them over the years. Right now my current stock is 12 angels in a 220g 100% planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom