U.K members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRcichlids

Aquarium Advice Activist
is there many uk members in this forum ?

i rarely speak to any for some reason or there just doesnt seem to be that many on here. would be kool to meet more.

so if your from the uk and want more friends on here from the uk leave a message on the post.

location and tanks etc . :)

I'm up in the Scottish borders, got a 64l tank (running) and a 215l tank i am in the process of setting up :D

Not got that far yet, i know it will be a community and will house my current community which is..

9 Harlequins
2 Albino Corys
2 Bronze Corys
1 x Male fighter
1 x High Fin plec.

I will likely increase my Cory community and get some guppy's? Not sure though.

although i worry that my plec may even outgrow this tank so may try to re home him.

It's a shame we are so far apart so 'trading' fish wouldn't really be feasible without shipping etc, which is a pain.

yeah i know what you mean . altho i do post fish ive posted all over england and parts of wales.

but as im not a shop or trader i have to pay full postage price which is £25.00 for next day before 12. and i make no profits by posting . and on top i have to provide the heatpacks poly box and bags etc..

Yeah i know, but i can get them locally from someone who orders each week at a reasonable price which is the route i'd likely go down. The high postage (i understand why it's so high) is the only off put from buying online etc.

there is a few online places that do postage for around £15 some even £11 . as im only a hobbyist breeder i sell anything upto about 40-50 fish per week . but i cant do postage anyless then £25.00 at the moment.

is there many uk members in this forum ?

i rarely speak to any for some reason or there just doesnt seem to be that many on here. would be kool to meet more.

so if your from the uk and want more friends on here from the uk leave a message on the post.

location and tanks etc . :)
There are quite a few UK members. Some members stick to certain sections of the forum, so that's maybe why you haven't seen many......

I need some Khuli loaches too now haha

Ha ha ;) I just picked up 4 this morning along with 2 otos, 1 guppy,1 hatchet fish and 2 panda corys, unfortunately I've had to separate some as my tanks are bursting with fry at the moment, but I had to have them as they were in desperate need of re homing as their owners were leaving the island ..

Ok I'm from Yorkshire , but live in Tenerife now , I've got a 200 litre an 80 litre and a 25 litre , and a 40 I'm just cleaning out and wondering where it's going to go !

Also forgot to say all those for €10 .. They had a black ghost knifefish too, which they were desperate for me to take but I sadly didn't have space for him :(

I'm in the UK London holloway

Loads of places post fish

Wildwood

Rare aquatics the just deal with South American fish

If you want to buy cheap use aquarist classifieds that's the eBay of the fish world in the UK

Or eBay

I'm from South West Scotland, the only place i use is Maidenhead can't fault them. :)

i was there, i went to manchester pet and aquatic for advise, when i was thinking about getting a tank, i notices they had alligator gar and another (large grower tooth filled fish) cant remember the name at the moment, but i took a very experienced friend with me who was 'naively' questioning a member of staff, he was determined to sell me the gar. my friend was ripping him up, the guy was adamant the gar only grows 12inch and is placid.
i am glad i didnt submit and buy because when we got home we watched a documentary on youtube...
ouch!

i was there, i went to manchester pet and aquatic for advise, when i was thinking about getting a tank, i notices they had alligator gar and another (large grower tooth filled fish) cant remember the name at the moment, but i took a very experienced friend with me who was 'naively' questioning a member of staff, he was determined to sell me the gar. my friend was ripping him up, the guy was adamant the gar only grows 12inch and is placid.
i am glad i didnt submit and buy because when we got home we watched a documentary on youtube...
ouch!

You were right not to buy it gars get huge!! My lfs had some for sale a couple of weeks ago i definitely wouldn't want one of those!

Back
Top Bottom