Ugh - Heater Malfunction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sudz

Aquarium Advice Addict
This morning - Fish are fine.
Come home, My beautiful rainbow has been picked apart and the other fish are gasping at the top for air. I check - There is waves at the top. Then Temp. 91*f. 91!!! I look at the heater, the Elements are GLOWING red. There's a bit of moisture inside. Clearly, my heater has packed it in.

NOW, I have an issue: I'm a project manager, and I'm presenting to the C.E.O. of the company tomorrow at 9:00 am, and its a 1.5 hour commute. Next problem: I can't get a heater in time! There's not even a 24 hour walmart anywhere close right now. I have a 7 watt Heating pad for a half gallon tank... that's it. What to do?! having the tank go from 91*f to 70*f (temp of my apartment) in a day will surely kill the remaining fish (black neon tetra's)

*sadface*

Maybe I can get the neighbour to do it? I just moved in a month ago though, I don't know anyone here yet. If only my Dog could do PWC's with warm water. :-(

How about turn off the aquarium heater and set your thermostat to what ever your tank's recommended temperature? Let's say your tank should be 78F. Set your house heater to 78F. So that your tank will be the sane temp as the house. Until you get a new heater.

Back
Top Bottom