Ugh I give up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
>.> with the non-support of my family and people driving by too fast to even see my stupid sign, and the only person to stop was to ask me about adopting out my cat, I'm not bothering with getting rid of my baby mollies... I mean they're 3 months old, and they're getting bigger but there's nothing I can do about it now -.-;; and my grandpa's being an a** and telling me that I'm not going to get rid of any and I might as well stop doing it. He's right, going about it this way isn't getting me anywhere and I don't know of any other places that will take any other than my school and family friend Mrs. Lavallee (who still needs to get a tank...)

I'll try later on but this seems rather pointless cuz most people think that if they have a cat they can't have fish(I have a cat and she doesn't want anything to do with them...dang stereotypes!), don't like them, or just don't want to deal with them. So... For now I give up X.x

Have you tried the internet?
Although I would not think that the shipping cost would make it worthwhile.

Do you have a LFS nearby? Alot of times they will trade you fish, or give you credit or money back if you give them fish.

No offense, but I wouldn't stop and buy fish from someone on the side of the road. It is too risky. You never know if they will infect your tank. Plus, if you are going to get fish, you'd go to the fish store. Since it's obvious that you really don't want them, take them to a smaller mom and pop fish store. The larger chains usually only take them when they get to a certain size, but most mom and pop stores will take them as babies. I know a lfs around here that takes fry off people's hands and feeds them to other fish. They don't give you anything for it, but they take them off your hands. One of my friends did that with her baby guppies.

well, i have cats and fish with no problems. its just silly to think you can't have cats AND an aquarium, my Cats love to look at the fishies, and occasionally bat at the glass.

Anyway, i agree with Fishyfanatic, i would never buy fish from someone off the side of the road, i go to a fish store. Consider giving the fish to a fish store like a local fish store or something.

Well I was fine up until my grandpa pretty much just laid it out for me I have no fricken chance in the world -.-

and even so, the only lfs i have is this place called country gardens and their fish are NASTY. They're overpopulated or have chunks missing. Other than that is petsmart and one lady told me I could and another told me I couldn't and the one who said I could said they had to be full grown >_<

Two girls were walking by and one of them asked if the other wanted a fish and she was like...No! I have a cat!

I put my cat up there the other day to show that she wouldn't touch my fish, and that's when that lady asked me if I was giving away my cat.....

I have homes for a few of them because my family friend Mrs. Lavallee's taking a few once she askes her neice or something if she can have a tank.... she said she needed some happiness in her life since she's like....70 something I think

Her neice had fish tanks before or something and she wants a big one... I already told her she'll need a good sized tank.

It's not that I don't want the babies, it's just that I can't keep them >_< not enough space. I can't get another tank my mom won't let me!

*sigh* I can probably keep them til they're almost fully grown but even that's a tight fit. If any of you saw how over stocked my tank was with the LITTLE babies, just imagine them being 2" long >_<

we have a local buy/sell magazine inmy area that has an area devoted to specifically aquariums and aquariums accesories and they have an internet site that u can list on for free. this is a very good area to list babies because people looking in this area for aquariums are usually already aquaarium owners so they have an idea what a mollie is atleast lol. i will put a link at the bottom to the site to give u an idea of what i am talking about. this site is also awsome for getting good deals on aquariums. (not so much this week though lol)

http://www.supershopper.com/subClass.asp?CLassID=216

How old are you? Maybe you could get a job so you could buy another tank :). Other than that the only thing i can think of is giving them to a petstore.

Lol, i see you edited your post. Well if you're responsible enough to have a job you're responsible enough to take care of your baby fish. You should be able to buy another tank if you wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom