Uh oh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ponch

Aquarium Advice Freak
Forgot to plug my heater back in after a PWC this morning. Tank temp usually 80 degrees and now is 73 degrees. I just plugged it back in - is it alright to let it go back up to 80 as soon as it can get itself there?

Tank inhabitants are 3 mollies and 9 neon tetras

It's a 26 gallon w/an appropriately sized heater ( forget the wattage ) so I imagine it will take 10 or 12 hours or more to raise it 7 degrees. Is this heading for trouble? Should I adjust heater so it only increases a few degrees everyday vs all at once?

Unless you are worried about the heater burning up everything is fine. How long have you had the heater? Think about when you installed it...did it have to do the same thing then too? If it was fine that time it should be fine this time too :) I wouldn't worry! Good luck!

TankerJs said:
Unless you are worried about the heater burning up everything is fine. How long have you had the heater? Think about when you installed it...did it have to do the same thing then too? If it was fine that time it should be fine this time too :) I wouldn't worry! Good luck!

Not worried about heater going to high / burning up. It's pretty reliable (knock on wood).

Thanks for the reassurance!

Your fish probably think it rained (someplace) and cooled things off.

Back
Top Bottom