UK pet company investigated by watchdog.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ginty

Aquarium Advice Freak
Show on bbc now. Not checking animals before selling.

One investigator found 16 dead fish in one store. They investigated 8 stores. All had dead fish in atleast one tank.

I learnt the the hard way. I lost loads of fish from there in the beginning and was given the wrong advice everytime. Sad really.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I am of the opinion that many stores, only keep fish to draw punters in so they can sell them the hardware. I would never buy fish from them. A well run fish shop, where the fish are the stars rather than the empty tanks is always a good find.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Haha, that's so true! As a good friend of mine says" the only good thing there is that they have all the fish prices messed up, so I got 2 German Rams for £4!"

They should investigate my local big box store here in Woodbridge Virginia. there tank system constantly goes down and they have a die off, of pretty much every single fish in all their tanks, this happens often

Goes down or some idiot employee turns off all filters etc overnight? Just a guess ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Goes down or some idiot employee turns off all filters etc overnight? Just a guess ��

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No the box store tanks in woodbridge Virginia are one of the original linked systems in the country for this company.. and because of that they have major algae issues, nasty *** tanks, fish die offs.. I actually thing I need to make a video and post it on youtube of the discusting tanks they have and lack of fish... they actually have tons of very very large tanks these are the biggest ive seen of any chain store but they are disgusting

Yeah our big store chain stores are pretty poor. I have one calico fantail from there and she's the only Goldie I've had problems with healthwise. Mild swim bladder issues. But she was only 3pound and has grown to be quite a stunner. She has lovely colouring and developed some of those shiny scales which my grade B ryukin has and she was 18.99

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom