Umm...what the heck are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
These "white sacs" literally appeared within 24 hours in my 10g planted. I can see 2 bunches of 3 clinging to the glass.

Occupants:

2 peppered cories
1 panda cory
1 crowntail betta

I should probably add that there are snails in this tank and I have seen their eggs, they look nothing like this and are much smaller.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpg
    Unknown.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 62
I have taken a closer look, there are more of these at the bottom of the tank, I didn't initially notice them against the white sand.

Could these be...cory eggs?

Video clip:

If you've just got regular hitchhiking snails, my guess would be cory eggs.

I'll just have to wait I guess, but since I'd never seen anything like these before, I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything bad. If they do turn out to be little cory fry, what do I need to do for them to have a chance? I've never had to deal with fish babies before...

What puzzles me is that this tank has been going for well over a year, why would they suddenly start laying eggs now?

I have a feeling those are cory eggs. They are notorious for spawning on the sides of the tank like that.

I would say cory eggs. My friend breeds the peppered ones. They are supposed to be the easiest to bread. I dont think any will make it tho unless u put the eggs in another tank. Also feeding the meaty foods helps the lay eggs more.

Do you guys think these are viable?

How long does it normally take before they hatch?

Will they get eaten by their parents or my betta?

Is there some kind of enclosure I can get to separate them if they do hatch?

I think breeder boxes are cheap and relatively easy to get hold of. It's a small enclosure which sits inside the tank and separates the fry from the rest of the tank's occupants.

I've never used one though because I train my fish to practise safe breeding before they're allowed in my mixed-sex tank... :)

These guys have been in there for over a year, guess they were getting to know each other, LOL.

Can pandas and peppered cories interbreed?

Back
Top Bottom